Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading true Amanos books and topics on this web, the PH value of 6,7 seems to be the case in almost every tank I come over. Im wondering why, since to me it seems just a tad to high with normal KH values of around 4. Also, for my fishes a lower value, aroung 6,5 or even lower would be more correct. So my question is, is there any good reason for keeping the PH at 6,7 or could it drop it to somewhere around 6 to 6,5 without problem?

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have same questions as well. :roll: according ADA catalog. most of Mr. Amano's tank pH is around 6.8 if i remember right...

for my observation, you have to mix water very carefully with shrimps if your pH is 6.0 or lower. if they are aleady in the tank, i think MAYBE some of them can get used to it. if not, they will die in couple hrs. :cry: anybody can confirm this? i think maybe i was too rush to put them in my tank. thats why they..... :cry: my green neon and ember tetras are doing ok in pH 6.0 or lower conditon, only few of them didn't make it.

Tim

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know what is the perfect pH but 6.7 is a good pH. In Nature Aquarium book 3, Amano had mostly 6.7 and 6.8 pH tanks. But in later issues of Aqua Jornals, I see more 7.0 pH.
It's not really critical. 7 is 1000 times less acidic than 6.7. It's hard to be perfect with such a big range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts