Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know I'm bugging you guys a lot, and doing a lot of talking about a grandiose tank that I have all these plans for.... Yes, it will happen and you'll get photos. I just do a LOT of planning before I spend cash. =P

Background information: Tank is 115G Flat-Back Hex DAS tank, internal H-99 overflow and filter. I plan on removing the protein skimmer, taking the pump from it and plumbing it out the back of the tank into a CO2 reactor, then back into the 'filter box'. CO2 is going to be a 10lb. tank I got at a garage sale a few years ago. Lighting is currently planned on 2 x 175W MH 6500K's with two 96W CF's for color balance and dawn/dusk to slowly 'wake the tank' and a few moonlights fun. Substrate is planned as 1" (sloping back to 3") of Shultz A.P.S. with peat, Flourite, and a pool gravel as filler, capped with 3" of 50/50 Flourite/pool gravel.

Okay, topic for today is pH controllers. I have been looking at them online, and found both a Pinpoint for ~$200, and a Milwaukee for ~$90. That's a HUGE difference in my mind. Is there any reason to purchace the Pinpiont over the Milwaukee? If there is, fine, I just wanna see $100 of justification. If there's not, I'm looking at picking up Combo 1 on this site. Any comments?

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have same question here. why their price is different? i want to try one for my 20g tank see how it works...

thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don't get the pinpoint, if its anything like the meter, it is effected by electrical interference. If you have it anywhere near your lights you get weird readings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts