Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 gallon tank, CO2 injected, 220 watts of cpl, JBJ regulator, Ebo Jagger heater, and Milwaukee pH controller. I test my pH of my water everyday with American Pharmaceuticals pH test. I noticed that my pH prob would be off. It would read 6.8 and the waters pH would be around 7.6 via American Pharmaceutical pH test. So I would calibrate my prob and in a day sometimes a couple of days the prob would be off again. It would read 6.8 and the waters pH would test 7.6. I changed test kits but still got the same reading. I called Milwaukee and they told me to send it in. While the pH prob was in the shop getting fixed I attached a Pin point controller to the tank. For a couple of weeks the prob was dead on with the test kits. Then the last week it was off. the pin point read 6.8 and the water was 7.6. Does anybody have an idea why the crazy readings. Could it be to many electrical wires?

Thanks
ben

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Hi Ben, (long time no see....)

Do you think it could be a buildup of something in your water that eventually affects the probe? That's just a wild stab, but I thought I read something about it quite some time back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jan it has been a long time. Remember back in the day in animalnetworks forum with 2manyfish. Been hagging around other places. I guess I missed the memo that this is the place to be :lol:

I use RO water that is rebuilt using seachem equalibrium and baking soda so there isnt much in my water...its very soft 6 gh 4 kh.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
brbarkey said:
Hey Jan it has been a long time. Remember back in the day in animalnetworks forum with 2manyfish.
Doesn't it seem like forever since the days of that forum?? If you click on my "www" link at the bottom of my posts, that's where a good share of the old base group from AFM went. Come to think of it, you may already be registered there. You should stop by and say hi. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you think it can be interference from other electronics? People have found out their meters go out of wack when they flip certain lights or use the TV remote.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rolo said:
Do you think it can be interference from other electronics? People have found out their meters go out of wack when they flip certain lights or use the TV remote.
Rolo, I thought about that but I dont know how to determine that.

JanS said:
Doesn't it seem like forever since the days of that forum?? If you click on my "www" link at the bottom of my posts, that's where a good share of the old base group from AFM went. Come to think of it, you may already be registered there. You should stop by and say hi.
I forgot about aquaden :oops: I stopped by and its cool to see that the same people still post there.

brb

·
Registered
288 Posts
When you shake the test tube, it release co2 into the air. As a result, this will raise the pH in the test solution. You are best to test the probe against pH 7 solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts