Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks, now we know to keep an eye on the water supply in November when Mr. Amano is at the AGA convention. That must have been a horrifying moment for the organizers to have the discolored water flow into that aquascape. :shock:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
con acqua d'un giallo/verde di straordinaria torbidezza:
Something about extraordinarily turbid yellow green water?? Man, it looks like used radiator fluid!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
How embarassing to have pictures of that fouls looking water in an Amano tank!!! :shock:

Organizers of this type of event should make it a point to have a Vortex XL on hand to run after the aquascaping session is complete. Add a bit of SuperChar and it would've had that water sparkling in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
bharada said:
How embarassing to have pictures of that fouls looking water in an Amano tank!!! :shock:

Organizers of this type of event should make it a point to have a Vortex XL on hand to run after the aquascaping session is complete. Add a bit of SuperChar and it would've had that water sparkling in 30 minutes.
I agree, what a way to ruin a spectacular scape. A Diatom filter should have definitely been on hand. That was a great link though, those pictures were pretty awesome. I wish I could find some driftwood like that around these parts, <drool>.

Matt

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't think it's their fault...Since Amano is such a great aquascaper he should've prevented that from happening in the first place.

But it just goes to show you even the best make mistakes... :wink:

·
Registered
739 Posts
That was a funny thread, they had to resort to a fire hydrant to fill the tank and it probably hadn't been used for such a long time... it was a last minute solution as no one had really thought about needing good water for anything :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Amano himself learned a lesson from that experience, he's probably bringing water jugs to this year's AGA ;-)

Giancarlo Podio

·
Registered
190 Posts
Speaking of Diatoms, do you guys who have them run them on any regular basis to keep water 'polished' clean?

Chris

·
Registered
459 Posts
gpodio said:
That was a funny thread, they had to resort to a fire hydrant to fill the tank and it probably hadn't been used for such a long time... it was a last minute solution as no one had really thought about needing good water for anything :)

It wouldn't surprise me if Amano himself learned a lesson from that experience, he's probably bringing water jugs to this year's AGA ;-)

Giancarlo Podio
You have no idea what he's bringing. Heck he doesnt even know yet but I am still making the araingments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts