Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com...ed-aquariums/143181-rotala-serpyllifolia.html

I'm talking about that thread. Seems that since I posted the photos to my personal gallery, some people can see the photos but others can't. Kind of a buzzkill for the discussion. Can any of you say why that would be?

Or should I just host them elsewhere if it can't be made to work here? I guess Photobucket is no longer an option. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Photo bucket is still an option, but it does destroy your budget when you use it. All of my posted graphics are stored in Photo bucket, so I have to keep paying the ransom to them or all of my posted stuff gets destroyed - nice little bunch of posts I have here, too bad they could all vanish.

Some one should tackle writing a program that picks up all of the graphics here and stores them here, changing each post so it picks up the graphics from here instead of Photo bucket. Some day I will have to stop paying that ransom.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I have hundreds of photos stored on Photo Bucket, about half of them are in posts on this and at least 2 other planted aquarium websites. Transferring all of those to another hosting site, then going to every post with one of my photo's on it and changing the location where it is stored, would be a lifetime job.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
not really, no.

lmao :rolleyes:

no one here know about imgur?
It is still an option, but not a good option. If I was just starting to use photos on line I wouldn't even consider using Photo Bucket. One sure thing, at my age I doubt that I would have enough time available to switch all of those posts to a different photo hosting service. Photo Bucket demonstrated very, very bad "manners" when they changed their pricing.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
I don't think the image issue is with the site. I just tested 3 different browsers and was able to see the images fine.

Niall

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had issues with pictures not being resized to the display resolution when using adblocker as it was blocking some 3rd party scripts. Might be worth checking the browser plugins.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
I had issues with pictures not being resized to the display resolution when using adblocker as it was blocking some 3rd party scripts. Might be worth checking the browser plugins.
adblock and browsers are finicky. while i don't suggest using them, you should make sure that the browser and adblock are always up to date.

as for image re-sizer, we can plug in a bb code that allows you to resize hosted images.

Lee

·
Registered
527 Posts
adblock and browsers are finicky. while i don't suggest using them, you should make sure that the browser and adblock are always up to date.

as for image re-sizer, we can plug in a bb code that allows you to resize hosted images.

Lee
I don't really mind static ads, but hate anything moving in my field of vision while I'm reading or writing, so unfortunately I have to use adblock if I want to stay sane. :)

As for the image resizing - I whitelisted scripts from "verticalscope.com" so when I'm viewing this forum, all images are automatically resized (scaled down) to my display resolution (otherwise they'll just shown at 100%).

But back to the topic - I thought that it could be related to some browser plugin, but I'm not so sure anymore. I've just tried the above mentioned topic and I couldn't see the pictures as well (with or without adblock). Once I logged out, I can see the image. It continues working also after logging back. So maybe there's something "stuck" in APC system permissions when user's logged in for too long..?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts