Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started this 20 gallon natural in February 2015. It's my second planted tank following my 10 gallon. Many thanks goes out to you APC members for helping me along. I couldn't have done it with out you! Noteworthy is that I stocked this tank from a local LFS and it bloomed some nasty BBA. I read a post from Michael and consequently added a second HOB, have kept my NO3 <10ppm, and trimmed the plants some. It's all but gone now! Yea! I also use pure RO water and buffer it for GH & KH. It's not a high tech show tank, but I'm very pleased with how it's evolving.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No doubt it makes me happy! It's very relaxing to look at the fish who are very amusing. The green tiger barbs are very active and do head stands, which as far as I have seen are unique among fish, at least the ones I have had in my time. This is the first time that I have ever had them and they are awesome.

The loaches pair up with each other and sometimes they seem to think that they are actually tiger barbs, as they try and run with the pack!

I have more mellow fish in my 10 gallon and I love the Amano shrimp. They are very active, especially around feeding time where they race up the Vals to the surface of the water to grab a hunk of food, then quickly submerge a bit to horde their prize. The Cory Cats are always active, seemingly having inexhaustible energy. The Otos are too cool and just chill out laying on top of a leaf here and there basking under the lighting. Quite a cast of characters.

I have had aquariums practically all my life, but I have never enjoyed them as much as I am enjoying my planted ones now. Thanks again to those who have helped me along.

~Grizz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts