Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Are you using other peoples pictures with permission? I have read otherwise....

one example

killies.com :: View topic - Mosses and the men who love them - Part X

And your FS postings on Ebay,

eBay: Live aquarium plant - Fissidens zippelianus (item 250074472374 end time Jan-22-07 05:34:52 PST)

No credit given to Loh K L at all... Isn't that a bit wrong?

Please explain this... and I know there are others but that's only one.

And in the killies.com topic, I'm the andrew who sent Loh the moss. And have read him saying that you have just taken some of his photos.

Thanks,
-Andrew

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
You have a great point there Andrew.

Hopefully AQMagic will update some of their pics.

A picture of their Rhinox 5000 does give credit to Ian Iwane that took it...but you're right. These pictures are missing credit to the person who took them.

Good eye!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a great point there Andrew.

Hopefully AQMagic will update some of their pics.

A picture of their Rhinox 5000 does give credit to Ian Iwane that took it...but you're right. These pictures are missing credit to the person who took them.

Good eye!
I've known it for a while, but decided to wait to see if it was in the works, apparently it isn't.

Well aquatic Magic?

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hi, Are you using other peoples pictures with permission? I have read otherwise....

one example

killies.com :: View topic - Mosses and the men who love them - Part X

And your FS postings on Ebay,

eBay: Live aquarium plant - Fissidens zippelianus (item 250074472374 end time Jan-22-07 05:34:52 PST)

No credit given to Loh K L at all... Isn't that a bit wrong?

Please explain this... and I know there are others but that's only one.

And in the killies.com topic, I'm the andrew who sent Loh the moss. And have read him saying that you have just taken some of his photos.

Thanks,
-Andrew
This post is quite rude and accusatorial. Might it be better to ask in a nice way?

Also, you need to allow more then 12 min for a reply.

Next time think you are standing with the person and conversing face to face.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This post is quite rude and accusatorial. Might it be better to ask in a nice way?

Also, you need to allow more then 12 min for a reply.

Next time think you are standing with the person and conversing face to face.
Oh, I didn't expect a reply that fast lol..... I was just like responding to the other post more or less. And yes if AquaticMagic was near me I would talk to him face to face.

I don't think I'm too rude It looks like he is stealing pictures.

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I don't think I'm too rude It looks like he is stealing pictures
So if I thought you looked like an idiot I could stand on a mountain top and proclaim it to the world? Then later when I realized you are a smart and charming person and my glasses were smudged how would I negate the false accusation I so heartly proclaimed before?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I thought you looked like an idiot I could stand on a mountain top and proclaim it to the world? Then later when I realized you are a smart and charming person and my glasses were smudged how would I negate the false accusation I so heartly proclaimed before?
Well I have base for this... I'm just waiting to see aquaticmagic's responce If I'm wrong I'll get up on the mountaintop and proclaim it to the world for ya gnaster:D

-Andrew

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm curious as well.

I also notice that his last visit was the 19th of January. I find it odd that there is no response to a thread in his own section of the forum when he has been online after the thread was started.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm curious as well.

I also notice that his last visit was the 19th of January. I find it odd that there is no response to a thread in his own section of the forum when he has been online after the thread was started.
A bit weird.....

Do you have a response AquaticMagic? Because if not I must be right?:eek: :scared: :twitch: :-k :jaw:

Plagiarism must be a bannable offense especially by a vender? :ban: That might sound harsh... but it isn't too hard to ask permission and give someone credit!

-Andrew

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Andrew,

There's no need to have a public conversation about this. An email to Mike of Aquaticmagic stating that any unauthorized use of yours or your friend's photography is prohibited, and you would like the photographs removed from future promotions would suffice. The other pictures in questions are up to the other photographers to pursue, and not yours to represent a case for.

Anyways, email your request for photo credits or removal action to Aquaticmagic if you are the photographer or are their approved representation. There's nothing to gain by bringing this topic up in Aquaticmagic's forum, and should be handled privately between the directly involved photography owners and this vendor.

Thank you for understanding,

-John N.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The other thing to consider is culture. That part of the world has significantly more lax rules when it comes to copyrights, etc. As such, despite this being a mostly "western" board, he may not consider this an issue worth addressing.

That being said, if this is the case, he needs to understand the world he is trying to run a business in.

John N,
as for it not being Andrew's picture, it does appear to be the property of someone he has been working closely with for at least a while now. As such, I believe he does have a personal interest especially when the owner is not a regular member of this board.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.