Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently posted some pictures of my tank in the general interest forum: Pics of my 20 nat.

All was good with the page and the images looked good for me.

Subsequently I went to visit my folks as well as several friends. When I loaded that same page on a few other computers to show my tank to them, the pictures would not display, only the text on the page showed, but additionally I encountered advertising pop-ups and land mine popups that completely bombed me! I also loaded that page on a Macintosh computer and experienced the same issue, no pictures, but popups and land mine pop-ups, so I don't believe that all of those computers could possibly be infected with the same virus, especially my own Macintosh computer.

So I just wondered what is going on there and how can my friends view my pictures?

Thank you,
Grizz

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
I just checked the thread--all the photos are there and no pop-ups. I wonder if this is a problem only on some service providers?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
From my second computer, the Mac, here are three screen captures. One when I was logged in as Grizz, and the other when I was logged out of APC and just viewing the page, the third is this page showing the links rather than the images. They do not display the actual png images but rather the links.

Could my ISP actually be manipulating the html and putting ads onto APC pages? Could it be possible that the APC web server has been compromised? All very weird. If that is coming from my ISP, Time Warner, I am dumping them, as that is wrong in so many ways. I have not seen this phenomenon happen to any other web pages that I load outside of APC. Please let me know what you think Michael.
Thank you,
Grizz

Note: Even now for me the three IMG examples below are showing as a hyper link for me, no pictures.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I get the ads if I log out. Logged in the tag doesn't seem to be working. I'm using chrome on an Android right now. From tapa-talk it displays correctly.

I'll have to get on a desktop to look at the html and see how the page is written vs displayed.

Pic of me logged out: [IMG]https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/16/c6e2a443541a3efb0877a6d6c0eb1e56.jpg

·
Administrator
362 Posts
Hello,
I recently posted some pictures of my tank in the general interest forum: Pics of my 20 nat.

All was good with the page and the images looked good for me.

Subsequently I went to visit my folks as well as several friends. When I loaded that same page on a few other computers to show my tank to them, the pictures would not display, only the text on the page showed, but additionally I encountered advertising pop-ups and land mine popups that completely bombed me! I also loaded that page on a Macintosh computer and experienced the same issue, no pictures, but popups and land mine pop-ups, so I don't believe that all of those computers could possibly be infected with the same virus, especially my own Macintosh computer.

So I just wondered what is going on there and how can my friends view my pictures?

Thank you,
Grizz
Do you rememer what browsers you were using on the other computers and were they updated?

-Marie
community support

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you rememer what browsers you were using on the other computers and were they updated?

-Marie
community support
Hi Marie,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. All browsers were Internet Exploder on Win 7 & 8 except on my Mac I tried both Chrome and Safari with the same result. If I am the only one having uploaded pictures that are having issues, could the source of my pictures be at fault? They came from a friend's high end digital SLR camera. Could there be metadata or some such that is causing the APC web server to have difficulty providing them? If I want to show my friends the pictures I have to go into my picture storage area and open them up from there which is successful. I create additional browser tabs and open a picture up, one per tab, so I that can show them all in a row of tabs. Kind of time consuming but it is a workaround and works on any browser/platform.

Thank you,
~Grizz

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you logged in when the pictures are missing and you see ads?

~Kay
I now realize that you get ads and pop-ups when you are not logged in. I naturally get worried when I see pop-ups occurring. So forget about the ads and pop-ups, I realize that is working as designed. I just don't know why my pictures are missing.

~Grizz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts