Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couple months ago I posted that AFM magazine was looking for photos on a project I am working with them on. They have chosen to use three pictures submitted by Tony Gomez, Kleiner bar, petite nana, and marble nana, and one submitted by Jeremy of an Anubias, (sorry Jeremy, I don't remember who you are). The editor is looking for two more photos. It can be of a Red Rubin sword, Ozelot sword, or Red Flame sword, or more uncommon hybrids such as horizontilas, evening sun, or horemanii. (if you have any other hybrid swords or hybrid plants not mentioned here, they may be considered as well) If you can take high resolution pictures of any of these plants and want to submit them to Aquarium Fish Magazine, please contact me ASAP and I will give you the editors contact information. They need it SOON. Remember, they will pay you for these and you will get the byline!

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! At this point, I might as well just post the submission info here instead of privately. I am not accepting the photos, or choosing them, or anything like that. All I am doing is helping the editor to hook up with people who can provide photos.

Send your photos to

Aquarium Fish Magazine
Attn: Patricia Knight
P.O. Box 6050
Mission Viejo, CA 92690

She prefers them on a CD first, on disk second. Pictures should be as a high a resolution as possible. JPEGS are usually not high resolution enough for magazine print.

Karen, I know you know Patricia very well, so I do not have to give you this information! :)

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I finally signed the contract for this article with AFM. I do not know the publishing date yet, but I think it is before the end of this year. I presume they are using the pictures that were sent, but I am out of the loop now on that. Tony, did you sign anything for them to use the pictures?

My next project...

I need magazine quality pictures of the following plants:

Cabomba furcata
Lymnophila aromatica
Eusteralis stellata, Pogostemon...whatever
HC
Weeping moss
Taiwan Moss
Nesaea
Blyxa aubertii or japonica
Ludwigia glandulosa

AFM pays you for the pictures, and you get a by line next to the picture printed in in the magazine. If you are interested, contact me to arrange submitting the pictures. If you simply send the pictures to AFM without contacting me, there is no guarantee they will be considered. Let me know within 30 days and then figure about 4 to 6 months before final arrangements. Or perhaps sooner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts