Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do not. under any circumstances.

begin to siphon yoru tank and go into another room.

Anything might catch your attention and before you know it.

BLAM

10 gallons of water on the floor.

Its not easy to clean up D:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Re: Peice of advice...

Piece of advice: spell "piece" correctly.

Ha! Sorry Aka! The sarcasm just started dripping out of my mouth when I saw your title. Please forgive me!

That really sucks though! I think we have all had that happen at one time or another. Stupid siphons!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

10 gallons is plenty bad but I did almost 100 recently. Big mess. My wife was out of the house. Thank goodness for simple mercies.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

Bryce! How did you let 100 gallons siphon out! I think we have all done a gallon or two here and there......but 100? Is that possible? What were you doing???

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Oh, I left the fill lever open and got distracted by someone at the door. The aquarium overtopped and only quit when the RO reservoir was completely drained. I guess the tank was about 30g low from the waterchange, so probably only about 70g went on the floor. Unfortunately it's a 105g stock tank.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a small child pull the end of the siphon out of a bucket while I was doing some other things. I will never let my little cousins be alone in my room again. Also hide the fish food when little kids come over, they might want to feed the fish to death.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I Had a 55gal. bust. It dumped 55 gallons of water in about three minutes. It took me over an hour to clean it all up. I didn't loose fish but I had to toss some plants. The hardwood floor didn't have any damage, most of the water drain though the floor to under the houses. I was lucky!

·
Registered
29 Posts
actually there is nothing wrong the the title, piece was spelled correctly.

i have one of those siphones that connect to the sink. i was filling up my tank, and i was wrong in thinking that the glass top would hold down the end of the hose in the water. the glass top swings open and the hose flops out and onto the ground!, luckily my lcd TV was untouched! but it was only a gallon or two, not nearly as bad as 70!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yup, drain hose fell out of the tub downstairs, dumped about 45. Wife loved that one, luckily we have shampooer to suck it up.....:hail:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Today I was making a sandwich while siphoning, and saw a flash of red travel through the plastic tube. I ran to the sink, help my hand under the siphon tube outflow, and caught a male endler in my tank. I can't turn my back on those guys for a second.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts