Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The APC staff is aware of the unfortunate situation with Ryan Wood and his online store. We have removed him as a sponsor due to his behavior. We realize that other forums have banned him from their boards. We feel that the best way to provide some resolution to his issues and to prevent further members of our forum from falling into the same situation is to allow a factual discussion in our "US Store Reviews" section.

To allow this, we need to provide a fair medium for all parties involved. If we ban Wood at this point without infractions of the forum rules, it would not be possible to allow further discussion regarding his site and actions on the board.

We feel this is the best service to our members at this time to allow the extent and (hopefully) the resolution of Ryan's problems with our board users to be publicly viewed.

Please keep a few things in mind. First, posts about Ryan or his online store, Planet Inverts, in areas other than the US Store Review forum will be deleted without explanation. E-mails or PM's sent to APC staff about this matter will also be deleted without response. It is not APC's role to mediate or arbitrate between buyers and sellers, even if they were sponsors here at the time of the transaction. Finally, keep your comments on this matter factual. Posting something that can be shown to be a false statement will result in a permanent ban from APC. The truth should be sufficient.

Edit:

At this time, the useful purposes of this discussion have been fulfilled. Please refrain from further discussion of this matter here at APC. Direct any further questions or concerns to me directly.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I briefly read part of the thread this post refers to. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth about APC. Not that anyone cares, but I disagree with APC hosting a thread of that nature.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I've got mixed feeling about this...Since this announcement was posted three more people have spoken up with complaints. From reading a few post seems this might be the only way people can get in touch with him. It's a sad sad affair, I've read every post and just can't believe how this has affected so many people.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Hoppy, I think it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It represents the absolute worst abuse of our site (and the hobby) that I've seen to date. We were initially reluctant to allow such a discussion, but after hearing complaints from person after person, decided the sotry of the whole sordid mess deserved to be told. At this point, I think it was (mostly) a good thing. I had no idea that Ryan's problems were as bad as they actually were. Perhaps some good can come from it. Hopefully, Ryan will avoid criminal prosecution, hobbyists will be more careful about who they trust, and other would-be internet business owners will understand how difficult it is to set up a trustworthy and respectable company. APC will be more selective in who is allowed sponsorship, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
I think it's the right thing to do. Since APC in many cases was a "bridge" so to speak between buyer and seller it's only natural that it be a bridge to help the buyers communicate with the seller. Things will go wrong, but one of the most frustrating things dealing with online merchants is probably the lack of communication from a seller when something isn't right. Good luck to all and I hope the right thing is done for everyone affected.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
What a mess. Bryce I admire your tact and your ambition to even want to take on such a task as you do running APC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm out of $135 and it's been almost a year. Hope Mr. Wood would pay be someday and set things right. I'll pray for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.