Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was recently involved in a purchase transaction with Planetinverts.com. If you are interested in the experience I had, rather than provide a second hand account of the transaction here, I would be more than happy to forward the actual email thread of the transaction to you for your review.

If interested, please send me a private message through aquaticplantcentral with your email address.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Re: Purchasing at Planetinverts.com

Forum #3 for this....

invertedclack has had his say here, Wood has replied....let's keep the remainder of this 'discussion' to e-mails/pm's please

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do not buy from Ryan Wood

I was looking to buy some green and yellow shrimp from his planetinverts store. I asked him when he would have more in stock and he said in 4-5 weeks and that if I sent him the money right then he would give me a $10 discount. I sent him the $80 in good faith thinking I would receive my shrimp. Well it is now June and I made the purchase in March and have still not received my shrimp or the refund he promised. I have continuously tried to contact him via email and on this site but he either doesn't respond or makes empty promises. Beware Ryan Wood is a thief.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Do not buy from Ryan Wood

I am now hearing that he has already been booted from other forums for stealing from buyers as well.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts

I ordered and received a shipment of snails from him last week. Everything went well and shipped fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Wood is a liar and a thief he still has not refunded my money. How long can it take? I've waited 3 months for what I ordered and he still can not give me a refund which takes seconds. He is a thief and a liar. Buy from him at your own risk and if he doesn't ship your order within a month file a dispute with paypal immediately otherwise he will steal your money like he did me and countless others.

·
Registered
3 Posts

i recently ordered five zig-zag nerite snails from him. i got them in less than a week. unfortunately, five were DOA and the sixth(extra) died the next day. i emailed him and he has replied(fairly promptly). he's going to send me some more next week.

marufovega

·
Registered
58 Posts

Money has been received. I wish I didn't have to post my complaints here but you have to understand that after waiting for 3 months and not receiving my order what am I suppose to think when I was promised a shipment that never arrived. I apologize for the earlier comments but I had no other option.

·
Registered
408 Posts

wanted to bump this....

Yea this was a bad one on me (not the only).

Live and learn for me. Definitely was not trying to rip anyone off. I am running things differently now so time will tell.....

sorry for the trouble this caused you aley.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Just wanted to add that although originally delayed I got my zebra nerites alive and well. Also got some horned snails and I think a MTS that is now a few MTS's. And to compensate for my wait Ryan sent me a bag of baby tigers for free!

Paula

·
Registered
279 Posts

I preordered CRS from him back in january and still have not received them. I also got some tiger shrimp that had cherries and a snowball shrimp mixed in with the order. I'm sure his recent family problems has something to do with him not answering my emails because he's given good service until now. On top of that his PM box is filled(undoubtedly because of recent events)so all I can do is wait :(

·
Registered
279 Posts

What I did not mention earlier is that Ryan offered me a refund, offered to replace the CRS with Sulawesi shrimp of my choice, and even extra Sulawesi shrimp at a discounted price. He always responded to emails with lightning speed and gave excellent customer service. I did not mean to question his integrity, I was merely worried that something bad happened to him.

Apologies Ryan,
Brad

·
Registered
145 Posts

Today is day 71 since I sent Planet Inverts $400 USD. I have not received anything yet. I am patiently waiting for my refund.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I also ordered some shrimp from him back in May. He said he was going to ship them several times but they did not arrive. Im currently waiting for a refund he said he would do by yesterday.

edit: He has very good prices and is nice but has to work on customer service. I do plan on ordering from him when he gets all the backorders straightened out

·
Registered
197 Posts

Ditto here, but you wont get a refund, I will post my issues with him in a separate thread.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Purchasing at Planetinverts.com

OK, for the record:

Here in the US Store Review forum, members are free to express any complaint or sentiment. Please keep it clean, keep it factual, and remember that one side of an argument is never the whole story. Inflammatory statements that are later proven to be untruthful will result in a permanent ban from the forum.

Please also remember that most forum members grow quickly weary of endless episodes of dragging someone through the mud, warranted or not.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.