Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I had all this figured out, but as it turns out, I don't.

I'm planning my next tank, a 180g(72" long). I was planning on a 3x150 HID MH / 4x80w T5 retrokit. However, something else that I really wanted to do was use the GE 9325 for the fluorescent. As it turns out, GE doesn't offer that bulb in an 80w T5. They offer it in a 55w "T5", which is actually what we all call a PC.

So, I'm looking at other options. I'm looking at Catalina Aquarium, came across this: 3x150w MH/4x80 VHO. I thought VHO was kind of generic term for overdriving a bulb/ballast, but it appears I'm wrong on that. What kind of bulb would I need for that? A "VHO" bulb, or a "VHO T12" or something.

I'm open to other options, but I'm really trying to use the 9325 bulb. These are the available bulbs that come in 9325.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, I'm mostly interested in the MH for viewing effect. They will likely only be on for ~3 hours a day. Personally, I don't really enjoy the growing ability of MH, hence the T5 interest. No matter what lights I use, I'll be installing cooling fans into my canopy.

I'll check out the Giesemann's. I suppose the first question I have, since I have little experience outside of PC lighting, is what kind of fixture/ballast would I need for a T5HO bulb? *EDIT*Figured it out, a T5HO ballast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.