Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the comments.

zapins,
from a graphic design perspective, i chose to not use the line to keep the illustration as simple as possible. I had the line before and removed it as it was drawing too much attention in the diagram. The visual space itself would be the distinguishing factor as the supporting text somewhat creates these 2 sections.

With the twisted leaf you are right, I was looking to mimic one but couldn't get the right effect. I'll continue to search for one and edit it in the coming days.

amit

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thank you guys for your kind words!

I am a firm believer of constructive discussions rather than debates...here is an updated version based on your comments, feedbacks and suggestions.

We are making great progress here so let the dialogue continue.....cheers!

INFO GRAPHIC UPDATE:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
aaah...guys....just catching up on all these threads...

thanks carlo for covering up my back..i have moved base from Savannah to Cincinnati for an internship! hence the disappearance..

anyways...what do you think about pK comments...

Having BBA not in the tank and using it as a sign is a good question...but the same goes for what if polysperma is not in the tank...the co2 deficiency symptoms were added in from comments from other members...it might not be a sure thing...but many do face the problem...again...i validate the comments by my own experiences in my tank...i do have polysperma in my tank and it is a good indicator... but should we make it a base standard to have polysperma as the second indicator of co2?

carlo....have you seen dan anywhere lately...??? i need to update you on the calc project as well....i'll send you a mail soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
suplhur deficiency is interesting...i need some comments from the pros on this one...any thoughts moderators???

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Greetings all,

I have updated the infographic. For ease of documentation and maintenance, i have created a special website which will host all of these infographics. A bunch of features will be added to the site over a period of time.

So, i invite you all to view the updated version here:
Aqua Calc Infographics

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: Plant Deficiency Ckecklist + Diagram

greetings all,

a revised version is available...

added sulfur and iron deficiency notes

added corrective measures.

revised image for better visibility

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@btimmer30, @herns Your welcome! im glad its helping you both.

@zapins. Thanks for the kind words. I wouldn't stay a sticky is a gold standard, but i'll take the compliment :). The chart has been translated in danish, spanish and german. So, i'm glad it's picking up momentum with other translators diffusing it into their international groups.

I am working on a format which not be an image and will be easy to share and translate. So stay tuned.

I'm just embarrassed that i misspelled your name inspite of studying your post and reading your articles like a million times. i'm sorry about that. i'll push out a new version with the correction soon.

As far pics go, i do agree that they will be quicker and better to educate people about. Like you said, It would definitely be interesting to see the plants and how their morph during particular deficiencies. It might be a cool project to work on next ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts