Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Looks good!

I think it would be better if there was a line across the picture that divides old and new growth simply for ease of finding old growth and new growth problems.

Also, the calcium twisted tip leaf looks like a normal leaf? I'm not sure if there is a twisted leaf in front of a normal leaf since the picture gets a bit grainy when I zoom in.

Anyway good job!

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
herns I appreciate the effort you have gone through organizing this picture and updating it over time. It is definitely helpful and I know a lot of people use this chart on different forums as the gold standard in diagnosing plants.

I think ultimately what I'd like to see happen with the plant deficiencies forum in the future is to take pictures of all species of aquatic plants during each deficiency mentioned above and organize it into the plantfinder. That way you can look up your plant on the plant finder, flip to nitrogen or phosphate deficiency (etc...) and see what it looks like with your specific species. We already have something like this on APC, but it isn't incorporated into the plantfinder and its not very thorough or updated very often. It is sort of on its own floating out there on its own. I'll have to see if we can reorganize things so everything is in one place.

Oh, also, if you get a chance in your next update of the figure could you correct my name from ZapKins to Zapins.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts