Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Go to the "Photos" link in the brown line at the top of the screen (next to "Library" and "pets"). The plant deficiencies link is on that page.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the link changed in the original post. Every time APC gets migrated to a new server, the links have to be updated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We don't put tomato plants in aquariums, but nevertheless, I found the following photos interesting because they illustrate specific nutrient deficiencies in a single plant species.

I'm no expert, but the deficiency symptoms seem similar to those described for aquarium plants.

http://4e.plantphys.net/article.php?ch=t&id=289

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hey Rocky...that site shows some good pics of the deficiencies. Thanks for the post. It will help me in my house plants if nothing else. = )

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One caution: Since the tomato deficiency pictures show only leaves, the Calcium and Boron deficiency pictures are not very useful because these two deficiencies show up primarily in the growing tips.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've got some anubias sp. with CO2 deficiency. I wonder if anyone would be interested in seeing them?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi vdda2912,

I see this is your first post, welcome to APC! There is a lot of great information here and friendly people to help if you need it. Could you please be more specific, what help are you requesting?

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
Here you go Zapins. Sorry for the bad photo quality.

Bacopa innominata - nitrogen deficiency. Apparently, this species is very intolerant of low nitrogen levels. This is from a while back. I've greatly increased Flourish Nitrogen levels and it's doing much better.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
No change in iron dosing before or after. Only that stem was really that bad, but the leaves were cupped on all the others. Upping the Nitrogen dose straightened them out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts