Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
We don't put tomato plants in aquariums, but nevertheless, I found the following photos interesting because they illustrate specific nutrient deficiencies in a single plant species.

I'm no expert, but the deficiency symptoms seem similar to those described for aquarium plants.

http://4e.plantphys.net/article.php?ch=t&id=289

· Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One caution: Since the tomato deficiency pictures show only leaves, the Calcium and Boron deficiency pictures are not very useful because these two deficiencies show up primarily in the growing tips.

· Registered
404 Posts
I've got some anubias sp. with CO2 deficiency. I wonder if anyone would be interested in seeing them?

· Registered
5,320 Posts
Hi vdda2912,

I see this is your first post, welcome to APC! There is a lot of great information here and friendly people to help if you need it. Could you please be more specific, what help are you requesting?

· Administrator
7,762 Posts
Here you go Zapins. Sorry for the bad photo quality.

Bacopa innominata - nitrogen deficiency. Apparently, this species is very intolerant of low nitrogen levels. This is from a while back. I've greatly increased Flourish Nitrogen levels and it's doing much better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.