Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
I'm not clear what you are looking for, but here is my take on it:

In general, a taller plant will grow faster than a shorter plant of the same species because it will be closer to the light source. The taller the plant gets, the faster it grows. (Of coarse, that's if teh light source is at the top and there are enough nutrients there to support the growth. )

If you are measuring the difference between uncut plants and cut plants, you could cut all you r current plants in half. Make the "bottoms" all the same hight by cutting them evenly across the top. Then, make all the "tops" even by cutting them evenly across the bottom.

That way, you have a group of all bottoms that are equal, and a group of all tops that are equal. And the tops and bottoms are also equal to each other in height. Plant them all at the same depth and let them grow.

My opinion is that you will find the tops growing faster, but as single stems. The bottoms will grow slower, but will have more than 1 growing point (form a bush, so to speak) .

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,880 Posts
It looks like a lot of the plant died in the tank with added pharmaceuticals. The plants are definitely healthier in tank 2. I would subtract the dead growth from the orighnal lengths. The fact that the sprouts grew in tank 1 may be due to the pharmaceuticals being destroyed by bacteria after a while, and thus, the parts of the plant not originally killed were able to grow.
Ditto. The chemicals definitely had a huge negative effect on Tank 1.

-dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.