Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lately I notice that my plant is not giving out oxygen like it suppose to be.
I have sand subtract and Co2 tank. Co2 reading in in the green in the chart and is steady. I have one 12000k daylight bright light and a 54w plant light. I put my tank on youtube. Please check it out and let me know what i am missing
Ph: 6.6
k3 degree 54ppm
Co2 22.607
nitrate 15
nitrite 0
amonia 0
I have my pump making wave to circulate the tank and also stop the bubbles from the filter so its just water being pump out.
I have sand substract and gravel.
Is there something that i am missing or am i assuming too much from this?
I should see oxgyen being produce every day right?
I keep my light running for 12 hrs/day and i night i leave my led back light on. Its a very dim light you hangging in the back. I also move my co2 and my filter pump to the right corner of the tank. co2 is closer to the wave so it can distribute the co2 evenly around the tank. I also increase the co2 a tad more so the reading should be at around 26. You wont notice that in this video.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
You have a very heavily stocked tank---heavily stocked with fish. That, plus the moving water tends to reduce the visible bubbling. The lack of any iron source in the gravel means that you should be sure to add some kind of iron supplement regularly, or you will soon see iron deficiency.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a very heavily stocked tank---heavily stocked with fish. That, plus the moving water tends to reduce the visible bubbling. The lack of any iron source in the gravel means that you should be sure to add some kind of iron supplement regularly, or you will soon see iron deficiency.
Is water change every 2 day enough?

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Changing the water will not add iron. You need to get soluble iron of some kind designed for aquarium use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts