Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am new to planted aquarium. I have been trying to look all over the internet for the ID of this plant. Cant really find a similar looking plant cause my plant has roots all over in the stem and between the branches but looks close to some kind of Anubias.:confused::confused:
So help tell me what it seems like it is.

Can I grow this plant in the netted pot it came in?
I use Micro and Macro liquid supplements for it with DIY Co2. ;)

I am looking for plant substrate since long which i cant find for planted aquarium its kinda hard to get in here and I cannot get it shipped from abroad in here. So till then can it out grow in the pot?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Though one, I think it is Samolus. 100% it's not an Anubias. The aerial rooms are quite common, especially if the water is low in nutrients.

The pot doesn't supply nutrients, but except for preventing proper root growth, it doesn't do it much harm either. So it doesn't matter much!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is Samolus. 100% it's not an Anubias.

i went through checking for the plant profile did not seem like it is the same, Samolus are of two type : 1. Samolus valerandi, 2. Samolus reopens, and they are flowering plant but the ones i have doesnt have a flower on it. So still confused

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I think it is Samolus. 100% it's not an Anubias.

i went through checking for the plant profile did not seem like it is the same, Samolus are of two type : 1. Samolus valerandi, 2. Samolus reopens, and they are flowering plant but the ones i have doesnt have a flower on it. So still confused
Allmost all aquatic plants can produce flowers. But unless you learn bees to swim, producing flowers submersed won't help a plant. So it's normal aquatic plants rarely flower unless you grow them emersed.

Don't compare your plants with emersed plants, some look totally different!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.