Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few stems of the following plant(s), wont say under which name it was sent under as to see if you guys know what this is... Also see if plant in photo1 is different (or not) than the plant in photo2

TIA

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It looks an awful lot like a Polygonum in the first pic, but my guess is that it would be Hygro sp. "Tiger" or "Bold"? That would be an educated guess.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys for the replies. I posted same thread on TPT and compared to here im getting mixed replies. Still stuck between 'tiger' and 'bold'
Will take some closer shots later in the week after a trim.

btw to anyone who has tiger and or bold, please post some of your shots of the plant.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
looks the same as my hygrophilia except mine is more of a green coulor, only the top of my hygrophilia leaves have a redish to them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have Hygrophila sp. "tiger" and it does not have leaves that are nearly that elongated. Like Cavan said, H. tiger has the rounded leaf tip.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some more shots of the 2 plants i got...

1st plant (same 1st previously posted)

2nd plant

them together

I would like to say that they are the same plant but im having doubts, their growth rate is very different, the 1st is a bit slower than the 2nd. Even the leaf size is very different.

·
Administrator
7,398 Posts
Yep, 'bold'. The plant pictured in the Plant Finder is the same thing as well. Emersed, you might never know it was the same plant! That should give you at least some idea of how variable it can be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts