Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the planted tank scene (but not new to aquariums) and I'm curious where many of you go to find your plants. Are most special orders off the internet? or specialty items through select vendors/LFS?

I'm not looking to start a planted tank for a while yet, but I'm trying to get as much research in as I can. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

---I currently have a 56 Gallon Cube-style cichlid tank and am looking to move into the planted genre. I know the cichlids will have to go, but any other information on possible equipment for this size tank would be more than helpful.---

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
99% of us get our plant from other people on this forum (or from plantedtank.net). Check out the for sale section.

Aquabid.com is also sometimes used (more for fish/food/shrimp though).

ahsupply.com, Ebay, bigalsonline, and gregwatson are used for equipment like lights/heaters/food/fertilizers/etc...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Zapins +1

I frequently get most of my plants at planted tank fish sites that have sales forums including here.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you buy package deals, or exclude shipping buying from other members on this site is a lot cheaper than stores, and you can get wayyyyyy more varieties of plants here than lfs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
We all enjoy the hobby as much as the next person so must of us by from each other on the forums like mentioned above. We all are passionate about the tanks and plants we have so when you purchase from the forums, you know you are getting fresh healthy plants that are cared for unlike lfs where the are sometime improperly maintained.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts