Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO, my biggest regret was insisting on Ludwigia senegalensis/guinea since I live in the middle of the nowhere, where temps are around 90-100f so 100% of the times they'd arrive all mushy and rarely would make it past 2 days in my tanks. Even though, I hope some large aquatic plant retailer shows up in my city so I can get the fancy stuff without losing em all due to awful weather lol.

Another I kinda regret buying as a newbie, was Nymphoides cristata cuz its so hard to make it look good in a setup, plus they'll start stalling if light conditions are suboptimal. Nowadays, I'm trying this plant again as it is very easy to propagate and sell locally.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Plants that are contaminated with duckweed, unwanted mosses and even ick spores. Any plants you don't like can be toss away, not so easy with invasive species or deseases.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My number 1 hate is duckweed. Can't get rid of it all; a virus that keeps on giving no matter how much hate you throw at it. In general i dislike ludwiga since they need to be recut and replanted over time. I'm also not a fan of echinodorus bleheri and similar; they grow large and spread like a weed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts