Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with you guys my planted custom breakfast bar tank... I know I have been absent lately but I still been doing the planted tank!

saltwater though :D

Viewable from 3 sides and done with macro algae and sw plants.

A vid to set it apart from the rest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think I might dislike you, NOW I have another tank style I want!!!

Very nice, it contains what I normally don't like about reef tanks...Plants! I take it you can have a healthy fish load in a planted salt tank correct? Do the plants help to stabilize the tanks chemistry or filtration, as we see in freshwater planted tanks as well? Do you still require a separate filter tank (sump) in this type of setup?

Beautiful setup, though APC is definitely geared towards freshwater tanks I always love seeing planted saltwater tanks. Would love to hear more about how you have it setup.

I will be following this thread.

Awesome tank...

Freshwater (I might have to change my name!)

A.K.A.

Todd

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the whole reefing thing and have to say it was a total bore! Had to watch what fish you put in there what inverts etc.
Several attempts to enjoy a full blown reef and never did last for me.

I initially set this up for some crazy aggressive fish but they got a little out of hand.

As for the tank, there is no filtration other then the plants, live sand and live rock.

I have started to dose the tank cause they are soaking it up faster then the fish can make it regardless of how many fish I have in there.

It goes through the same or similar stabilization as fw planted and also goes through the same cycles. RIght now I am getting ready to start dosing more and possibly setting up pressurized co2.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I finally get to use this smilie icon. :icon_oak:

:pound:

Cool action though. Buy a bunch of blue chromis! or there was these small cardinal? that look like freshwater tetra at citypet one time.

Now, we need to convert that back to freshwater. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
That is VERY cool! :cool:

Thanks for sharing all the pics and the video.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Beautiful! Love all the animals in there.

I did watch your video and I just gotta say I'm glad I didn't just eat! Not sure I could watch it at the breakfast bar!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:lol:

Thanks everyone.

It took some time getting use to and something you don't wanna look at drunk but I like it.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you know what's odd... I ran into Tom Barr over on the saltwater macro algae section of Reefcentral.com

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Wow the colors of those sw plants are so vivid:cool:! I agree with the old man - wave action on the video is .....well you know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts