Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got an ADA 60H 60 x 45 x 45.

I would like to setup a landscape with planted hills.

I've got 18kg of Amazonia (way too much).

Do you have any recommendations on which technique I could use to make the hills so they don't crumble.

At the store here in my city, I was told to use blue styrofoam underneath the soil.

Could you share your techniques with me please?

Very appreciated.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
I would move all your questions to one post so people don't have to hop over to each one.. What would you be making the "hills" out of? can you make a sketch of what your idea is?

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Welcome to APC!

There are several ways to build hills or changes in level without just piling the substrate deeper. You can use stone or tile on the bottom of the tank to create the base for the hills, then cover them with the Amazonia. If the slopes are very steep, the substrate may slide off the sides of the hills.

You can use small stones on the surface to create terraces or retaining walls to hold the substrate in place. Some people have used stiff but flexible strips of plastic in the same way, but these are hard to conceal.

DutchMuch, except for the two threads on seiryu stone, the topics are distinct and are appropriate in separate threads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure I can paste the link here.

This is the type of planted hills I would like to recreate....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts