2 cardinals
2 koi angels
2 otos
2 albino cats
1 stingray pleco

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are you planning to add more plants? Can you explain how you want your final tank to look like? IT's much better than how I started off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
up close.. it looks pretty much full..

the empty space is between my plants is my focal point :D

and the empty space is where my waterfall filter falls into.. so i cant plant anything tall.. because of the current..

the plants are pretty much an 1nch apart or so.. plus the stones takes space.. waiting for the penny worts? to matt the gravel.. i hope! :shock:

the think is, some of the leaves are turning yellow.. :( man! :twisted:

heres a another pic.. with my stingray pleco..

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yellowing leaves means a lack of Potassium.
Potassium is much needed by plants during initial setup when they are acclimatising to the new environment.
In Takashi Amano's tanks, ADA Brighty K (Potassium and anti-chlorine) is used from the start of any tank before any other ferts are added.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok.. ive been dosing my tank with "plant gro - iron enriched" and im reading on the analysis part of the bottle and it says... :oops: crap! no K! damnit! :twisted: whats a good brand that you can suggest? ada brighty k? i dont think we have that here :? .. what other additives do i need? HELP! gonna get them tomorrow.. asap!

thanks aquoi!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't dose K by itself. I'm dosing KNO3 and the K is provided as well, which is usually enough. I think little overdoses of K is harmless as it does not contribute to algae growth as much as N and P.
Just follow the instructions on the bottle of whatever brand you get.
Maybe the other members can give some advice as well.

K is used from the start to the end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts