Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to plant plants in aquarium..This is a new aquarium cycled from one I just took down. There are no fish just substrate and CO2 system.I have a package coming for a heavily planted 55 gal. Is it better to empty tank halfway or should it be emptied further.. Any suggestions are welcome. My substrate is small gravel and eco. Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I use long tweezers, they just slip through the substrate with little disturbance. For larger plants (such as amazon sward) dig a small hole first.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Is it better to empty tank halfway or should it be emptied further.. Any suggestions are welcome.
You'll probably get a variety of opinions on this one. Personally, I go with the tank about half full, planting the little stuff first, and the larger stuff later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be careful digging in the substrate. I hate that word "digging." If you dig you are very likely to get a cloud of substrate in your water. Half a tank of water is a good precaution. Gentlely with great patience is the key word here. Then add the rest of the water by pouring ever so slowly onto a plate or saucer the balance of the water

1 - 5 of 5 Posts