Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Greg,

I have noticed this effect many times and Amano has mentioned the dominance of large quanities of riccia over other desirable plants in TAG.

Right now Cambomba is my dominant plant and its kinda refreshing to have so much success with this plant. Over the years I have looked for plant combinations that share similar nutritional needs. Some combinations are just very difficult while others less fussy. As Tom mentioned, running high macros is a good way to success with a wide range of species but I have found persistently high macros detrimental to longterm fish health.

In addition to nutrient availability your post also mentions the changing plant masses of particular species. In my experience, this plant mass/species ratio is also significant in managing success with weaker species. In my experience glosso and Indica have similar needs. That you are noting differences bears testament to your close observation. Keep up the good work!
___
Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.