Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be a Eichhornia species? The lower stems do turn brown black over time, but the leaves do stay nice and light green.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Could it be a Eichhornia species? The lower stems do turn brown black over time, but the leaves do stay nice and light green.
I think it looks like a Ludwigia too.

I have a good amount of Eichornia diversifolia and unless there's some other species with different characteristics this one looks nothing like that.

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts
Here are a few more pictures. COmapring to Kasselman on page 285, it is sure similar to the Eichhornia species.
How many leaves per node? Eichhornia diversifolia has alternate leaves. Yours appears to have opposite or whorled ones (much better pictures but it's still tough to count that). I think your answer is probably on page 376...

·
Registered
635 Posts
How many leaves per node? Eichhornia diversifolia has alternate leaves. Yours appears to have opposite or whorled ones (much better pictures but it's still tough to count that). I think your answer is probably on page 376...
Valid points. This is definitely not Eichhornia diversifolia.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Administrator
7,397 Posts
Crowded maybe? Low on micros? It could be either of those things too. It will usually take on an orangish tone when subjected to lots of light, nutrients and space. It can be a pretty big plant!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts