Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well, I still agree that plant selection is based entirely on personal prefference and the look you desire for you aquascape. That being said my "favorites" would have to include Rotala indica, Lysomacia nummularia and pretty much every crypt:)

If you are looking fo rplants that are good fo rsetting up tanks initially then I would say any fast growing stem plant that acts like a "nutrient sponge" Ones I have found good for that are R. indica, hydrophila sp., hydrocotyle leucophalia and sylvania are are wonderful to use initally to help control nutrient levels and keep down algae.

Hope that helps:)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I would also add to shane's opinion Lysomachia nummularia. It looks very similar but the leaves are a bit bigger, maybe up to 3/4 inch across and the light green makes a wonderful contrast. Ea to care for and not an extreemly fast grower makes it easy to use as a forrground and midground plant:) I have a pic of it in my personal gallery if interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.