Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased several different types of plants a few weeks ago, and they're all growing happily! In the middle of a clump of moss, an unidentified plant has emerged - one that I definitely didn't select, so I assume a stray root or something must have been attached to the moss!

Please can anyone tell me what plant this is? It's about an inch tall at the moment, and doesn't appear to have any roots - it's just kind of embedded in amongst the moss.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that was a quick reply thank you. I did wonder if it was riccia, I'm really glad it is because I was going to buy some, now perhaps I don't need to. At the moment there are two clumps - the one in the picture, and another much bigger one.

Forgive my 'newbie' question, but this is my first real planted tank. To get this to grow as a carpet, I need to tie it to something to keep it submerged, is that right? Am I being too optimistic thinking that I can get a decent amount of plant from this little hitchhiker? It seems to be growing quite quickly, but maybe I should fork out the money and actually buy some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts