Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this Anubias for a while now (not sure of species) and it was healthy when I first got it but over the months it's begun to get more and more raggedy as you can see in the pics below. I'm guessing its from some sort of nutrient deficiency. Any help would be appreciated.

Information: I dose with flourish once a week and have a DIY Co2 setup.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot. I think I came across that in my search to figure out what the problem was. I'm actually in the process of replacing my flourish with some DIY chemicals, I've just got to come up with a dosing plan. And find a place to get the chemicals

·
Registered
298 Posts
Try one of the more established plans like EI or PPS before trying to reinvent the wheel. aquariumfertilizer.com is the place to get cheap dry ferts. You also need to dose macros, not just flourish... That could be primarily a K issue since there is no K to speak of in Flourish.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for all of your help. I recently bought some k2so4 and csm+b from aquariumfertilizer.com about 2 days ago and I already have Mgso4 and Kno3 from local sources. So once I get it all gathered together and start dosing, my tank should start to look really nice.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
Plants need phosphates too, so you should have purchased some mono potassium phosphate too. Or, you could use Fleet Enema, not the mineral oil based one, but the phosphate one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts