Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

Can you please give me your best tips to save this plant that I got from a freind, It dont look very happy at the moment :-(

Can I grow the plant emersed in soil to help its recovery?

Attachments

·
Registered
852 Posts
That doesn't look all that bad to me. It should grow without any problems.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome:)

The plant does look prety healthy. Color and growtht seem good but it might be defficient in something. Probably K of N. The small holes in the older leakes would indicate this. If you just got it though give it a little time. What is your tank like?

·
Registered
215 Posts
R macrandra needs CO2 over 10 ppm at least, without CO2 supplementation it will die.

You tell us nothing of what you have tried or the conditions you have provided. How much of these stems grew in your tank? Is it just melting away on you, or did it grow some?

Certainly yanking it outa the tank for a photo is not helping. What does your freind suggest?

Jeff

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have grown macranda without CO2 before, albeit slowly. It will do fine as long as there's a decent amount of light.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Considering the shape that R. macandra usually arrives in, with stem rot in progress and leaves falling off, these plants look in good condition. Give them plenty of light and keep iron levels up around 1 ppm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replay
So it´s dosent look that bad :D
I just got the plant last night so I made a quick search on the net and find some good pics.

I put them at the surface on my smallest tank and hope it shows some better conditions soon, so they can survive in the bigger tank.

Anything specially i should think of to get this plant really happy?

Tank spec.
16L / 4 U.S Gal
26w Compact light 840
Externalfilter
DIY yest Co2 Off at night
PMDD fertilize every second day
Water change 2L / 05 U.S Gal every third day
Kh 3 Ph 6,0 - 6,4
5 Boras Boraras maculatus

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts