Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am researching diffusers to be used in 10 gallon aquariums. What would you recommend I buy, based on your experience?

The 10 gallon tanks will utilize high light and pressurized C02.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I buy mine here http://www.fish-street.com/mini_co2_diffuser using PayPal.
This small size should be good for a 10. I dont know if you will find a smaller one any where.
I'd buy at least 2 as they are glass and can break when cleaning or slipping the hose back on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, they are very inexpensive! (approx. $3.00 each?), it states they ship " by Hong Kong Post Office" though.

Personally, I would much prefer to deal with a company that ships out of the US. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Fish-Street is very reliable and trustworthy. They also sell on eBay and have a 100% rating.
I've ordered from them about 5 times and never an issue.
It takes less than 2 weeks to get your goods.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe the Red Sea Reactor 500. It works well (99.5% diffusion), and is fairly easy to hide. It also works with DIY CO2 if you need it to.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe the Red Sea Reactor 500. It works well (99.5% diffusion), and is fairly easy to hide. It also works with DIY CO2 if you need it to.
I have the Red Sea Reactor 500 and when it runs it does a nice job. Unfortunately about every week or two my timer kicks in but the pump does not go on, needing a nudge or a in-and-out on the plug and then it starts up. But sometimes I do not notice that and it's a full day with little to no CO2 diffusion in my tank. Nothing better to encourage a nice BBA bloom....so I've stopped using it. Too unreliable in my experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I feel more confident going with an oversees retailer with your recommendation, Newt, thanks.

How has your experience with the Fish-Street diffuser compared to some of the expensive glass diffusers available? (Why would one invest >$50 on one of these?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts