Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with House. I don't think either of them are true aquatics. They look like the plants the local petco sells in those plastic tubes. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Niether are aquatic. They make good house plants. See if you can pick up somewhere plants that naturally grow well submersed, such as Vallisneria, Echinodorus (sword plants), Ceratopteris, etc.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got them from petco, i've got about 3-4 of each. wonderful, any idea on where to get new ones? any online dealers you guys trust?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah one of them, the grassy one, is called Kyoto Grass. or something like that. and i dont know what the other one is called.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A lot of people offer starter plant packages or individual plants at the For Sale or Trade section on this forum. They're pretty reliable, I haven't had any bad experiences so far.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, I got them from petco, i've got about 3-4 of each. wonderful, any idea on where to get new ones? any online dealers you guys trust?
I get my plants from my LFS or people on here. I have only had positive experiences with the people of this forum. My couple experiences with ebay were mixed, so be careful if you go that route. If you are looking for a specific plant you could always post a Want To Buy(WTB) thread in the for sale forum...or even if you are looking for plants in general to start with you can try that way.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This forum is the most ideal place to find the healthiest, most generous plant portions. However, if you want to bulk order, I've had GREAT experiences from aquabotanic.com and aquariumplants.com. They both have great variety and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Upper pic looks like Dracaena. Usually the outer margins are creamy white, but once the algae moves in they look green. Not an aquatic.
The local Petcos are not worth visiting. Sick fish, poor plant selection. Sounds like yours is similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.