Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have 2 liquid fertilizers, regular flourish and flourish excel. Would it be better if I get pmdd from greg watson, or should I get individual packs?

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
I would recommend the individual ferts. That way you can fine tune dosing of specific things if necessary.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was what I was thinking but I wasn't sure so I wanted to post and see what you guys would prefer. I am thinking about buying one of the hagen c02 unit systems off thatpetplace.com, would it be better to get it or to make DIY? I have made a diy co2 bottle twice and it seem to work although i'm not sure which one is better

·
Registered
925 Posts
I started out with the Hagen Ladder (but not the cannister). The ladder was o.k. hooked up to a DIy 2 litre bottle but I find wooden diffusers work much better. And they are cheap enough. (like $2.00 for 2)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would reccomend that you use all Flourish products instead of mixing them up.They are meant to work together as one.This is what i noticed with Seachem

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I have 2 bottles of flourish line, excel and regular. But I would like to try some dry fertilizers from greg watson.

At the moment I use my filter as a diffuser, but after a couple weeks brown, fluffy stuff starts to form at the end of the tubing which looks really sick.

I want to get a bubble ladder, but i'm not sure if they work better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Imo there is nothing better than pressurized co2 down fall is the set up cost. Butt u get that back with easier to maintain and cheap to refill and more time concentraight on the important stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts