Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that's what the people in my club call it anyway. This is one I obtained at Aquaforest during the last AGA convention. It didn't look like this at the time (emersed) but it was definitely worth it.

From research I've done and the emersed and flowering specimens I maintain in another setup, I've come to the conclusion that it's probably P. hastatosagittatum, but I'm not willing to bet the farm on that just yet.

For size reference, note that the plant it's growing over is Bacopa sp. 'Araguia'. I'd say the stems get to around five inches wide. This plant has a semi-creeping growth habit and a color in between L. arcuata and Polygonum sp. 'Sao Paulo'. Way cool.

·
Administrator
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. Does anyone remember the post by CS featuring a plant purported to be P. sagittatum? That's what this is. P. sagittatum doesn't grow submersed, but it does, like the 'ruby', grow in Taiwan. I have a feeling that may be the source of the confusion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well, in Taiwan I would think that Polygonum kawagoeana (as shown in the photo,you can see the difference between this specie and the Polygonum sp. 'Sao Paulo' )could be one of the few that can be kept in submerged forms.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts