Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This is the inside

With it I had about 4in of dark area on the sides. If I use it again I will use in conjunction with a T5 bulb, for they are brighter. Now switched back to PC 65, which I got used on EBay. The bulb doesn't give off give colors so I have a life-glo sitting under on the glass.

armedbiggiet do you have a link to your tanks?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well with the bulbs 24in set in middle the plants were starting to bend 30 degrees toward the middle. Also hair algae was starting to grow. To over come this I figured that the 3 bulbs need to be staggered then it is possible that it may work. Tis something I contemplating doing when the PC bulb I have over it dies. When it dies I will set 2 under counter fixtures in the satellite fixture and a 3rd under some metal that will rest on the fixture. A power-bulb in the back towards the left side, a Zoo Med ultra towards right side, and a Life-glo in the middle front. The reflector will be metal painted white inside surrounding the outside of the light fixture.

How I wish I had just upgraded to a 24in tank. When the PC bulb dies I may swap the 29 gallon for a 25 gallon, which is 24 in. Meanwhile I am going to work on the encasing for the light system, for it will help with light system now and later. At present have 24in PC bulb and 24in Life-glow light over the tank. The plants are starting to grow upward. Still have a little hair grass thus leaving light on only 6hrs and dosing with excel daily.

Hope other diy people have learned from my error of jumping before calculating the cost etc.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts