Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
#2 looks like a liverwort, but I am no expert and a lot of the mosses/liverworts look very similar to me. I have also found a lot of submersed mosses in my area, but they are usually underwater only in winter when the water levels rise. In any case, tie some down so they don't float all over and leave them in your tank for awhile. I haven't had much luck yet, but I think it is because of my tank conditions. Most die off, but after a long time some of them start to grow very slowly, so don't be hasty!

I wish more people experimented with more plants, I to have a couple weeds in my tank, some are slowly dying but a few still look healthy. To soon to tell though. Usually I let them float for awhile and if they don't die in a month, I will plant them in the substrate. Good luck!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I saw a couple liverworts that look like #2 in a local plant book I have, can't wait to find some! Trying to identify them as a moss or liverwort is beyond me though, let alone what species:confused:! If I ever find some and they survive being submersed for a long time I will take them to a college to get identified. Someday...;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.