Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was hoping people would post some pictures of how your tank looks like the minutt you was done setting it up. From what I have been able to piece togheter, most people's tank look rather thinly plantet after it was setup, and then it look to me like you lett it grow up perfectly after that. Me, I tend to plant my tank so that it look's complete and grown in right away. Problem is that a week lather I have lost control of my aquascape, and it's back in there for another makeover. This might seem like a strange question, but I'm just trying to figuer out how people set up a new tank. And since a picture says more than a thousand words :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Heavy planting on initial setup is one way to minimize the algae headaches associated with a new tank. For that reason alone, I advocate it. If you don't want to be trimming up things every week, then don't use fast-growing stem plants. My low light tank is full of crypts and Anubias species, it looks mah-velous all the time. I trim in there every 6 months whether it needs it or not.

Otherwise, frequent trimming comes with the territory on a fast tank. If your aquascape needs trimming a week after setup, then the only respite you will get by starting thin will the the time it takes to grow in the first time. After that, it's gonna be every week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here is an early pic of my tank. I started with fast growing stems represented by the moneywort, hornwort, and anacharis. These plants have all been replaced in the tank, however, but this is how it all began...

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is my 75 just after I set it up, all the plants were transferred from my 55 gallon. This tank looks nothing like this now.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just set this 30G up last weekend. Here is a pic I took right after turning on the lights for the first time. The plants were put in only minutes before the photo was taken.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Have a look at the ADA90 cm tank post here in the Aquascaping section. The tank is only a few hours old also in those pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts