Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Don't waste your money on one. There is very few on the market & they are all exspensive. If you are unsure if the plants are getting enough, just dose some extra potassium.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah 50 bucks in the us, by the time it gets to a greedy aquarium shop in Australia it will be like $150
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind when I sell it in the LFS that I own in Western Australia..... :peep: :p

mind you, AUS$150 would sound about right considering freight and exchange rates..... ;)

Thanks for the advice, Lamotte was what I was looking at anyway...
btw, my problem is not not enough, it is too much.... possibly.. that's why I need one...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no fear mate... I get it every day..... and I still have a good sense of humour.....:rolleyes:

cheers,
Oliver

BTW, I am finding it difficult to find someone that can send one test kit to Australia... seems to be a $250 minimum for overseas postage...
anyone know where to get it (retail shop?) or can anyone help out??

thanks in advance,
Oliver

·
Administrator
7,405 Posts
Don't waste your money on one. There is very few on the market & they are all exspensive. If you are unsure if the plants are getting enough, just dose some extra potassium.
I agree with this. You can easily figure out if your plants have enough or too much simply by looking at them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I agree... but I need to prove this... I have been having a discussion with Tom Barr on the subject of K blocking the Ca uptake in some plants and some fish spp going mad in the tank... he feels it has nothing to do with K, but I need to prove it to be sure...

Anyone want my money? I need someone to send me a kit, I can't get anything like it in Australia... and I work in the industry!! even hydroponic and nursery shops don't carry it.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts