Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are some aquatic plants sold as potted plants? Does that mean some are not sold in a pot;if so, why not? Are you supposed to leave them in the pot? Are is that just a convenience that cost a little more? I bought some and took them out of the pots---even divided some. One was a different species so I repotted it without planting it just to see what turns out. Thanks for helping this ignorant beginner.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Plants in pots typically mean that it's been grown in a commercial nursery. Plants without are usually grown by another hobbyist, or through whatever means your LFS acquires plants. It's just more convenient for them to grow them in pots, I suppose, but you should remove the pot and whatever that weird media they grow them in. If you leave it in the pot, the chances of it growing healthy roots are slim IMHO. With most carpeting plants you'll get more bang for your buck if you take whatever comes in the pot and divide it into individual stems and plant them separately. It'll carpet faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts