Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't want to lead the discussion anywhere else, but at least I have to try to understand this.

I have two tanks, 53gall and 15gall. It takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to change water in both tanks and it takes 5 minutes to test water in both tanks and take notes.

Now.. Please explain to me what is so wrong with testing? Like, I find very interesting the Estimative Index too, but I really can't see any problem in trying a system where you don't change water, or the water change is not so frequent.

I know Tom, you will come up with a very good argument, but admit it please.. there is nothing wrong with testing. Besides, you have lots of experience, and you also agree with the fact that calibrating a test kit will lower the chance of bad reading. Now arguments like "lots of people will not calibrate their test kits", is entering into people heads and figure out the future. Assuming you're not on the voodoo/black magic scene, explain to me what is so wrong with testing.

Best Regards
Miguel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

Tom, there are a couple of things here you say that makes absolutely no sense at all; you enter in people heads ? You kidding me right ? Unless you have those fancy swords and your name is Obi-Wan-Kanobi and you master Jedi mind tricks.

You invented the weel? Hope its not another jedi mind trick.

Need to know a lot about chemistry? Ok, here goes my experience now: not much people here try chems on their tanks, so talking with them about PPS, EI or PMDD is the exact same thing (chemistry is not the issue here).

So, all test kits are way bad. Ok, i assume you have tested them all, and i wont fight with you about this, after all... you invented the weel (sorry to talk so much about the weel but i found the expression hilarious).

Automatic water changes: want me to put tubes around the living room, or put them inside walls to hide it ? Yeah right.

Take in consideration Tom, you might have lots of experience, no one is telling the opposite, now assuming all your theories are right, and the rest is wrong, man.. you will need the voodoo to help ya out.
Being humble aint that hard to be, even for weel inventors. :)

Best Regards
Miguel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,

Well said gnatster, it will lead us nowhere i guess. The intention was not to make a "war" between PPS and EI, im the first to say both work fine for a lot of people, just wasnt understanding why testing is a federal crime. But i have my awnser now, and wont post again asking Tom, this or that, it will take us to never end roads and 750 lines posts that not all have the patience to read.

Best Regards
Miguel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.