Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just started my pps-pro dosing. I have a 29g heavily planted tank. I am dosing 3ml a day macro and I am using up my Flourish before switching to CSM+B. I am dosing this 2 days a week, at 3ml/dose.

I purchased my ferts from aquariumfertilizer.com and I am making 500ml solutions, so i cut the amounts down by half. I am keeping the macro mix in the fridge.

So far I have dosed 2 times. I put the dose directly into the flow of water from my HOB and I removed the carbon filter.

Here is a pic of the tank. from a month ago.

And here is today.

I wanted you guys to get a feel for how my tank grows without the ferts.
I have good growth but many of my older leaves have holes in them and their color is fading.
And so the fun begins. I hope this works

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it has been a week since the start of my pps-pro regiment. No real changes I can see as of yet. All my tests are in check but the water is a little cloudy. I am not too worried.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am dosing daily. But my micro solution is seachem not CSM+B and the directions from what I know are supposed to be followed. When I change over to CSM+B I will dose that everyday. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone?

P.S. its great that the first comment is a question(sarcasim). I am curious where everyone who is so hyped up on this fert program is? Why am I not getting help or tips on what I should do with tank or anything?

·
Registered
49 Posts
P.S. its great that the first comment is a question(sarcasim). I am curious where everyone who is so hyped up on this fert program is? Why am I not getting help or tips on what I should do with tank or anything?
It has been my experience that people on this site don't rapidly post advice in response to journal entries. I have only gotten one piece of advice in over 400 views. Just another noobs 1/50th of a dollar.

I am anxious to see how your tank turns out, as I am considering switching from the SeaChem route to PPS Pro. Subscribed.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I've been watching the thread, but really didn't see anything to comment on yet other than you have a nice aquascape.

This seemed more of a viewing thread than commenting thread. sorry

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry Super,

I was just assuming that maybe Edward or someone who has much experience with this fert program would put in their 2 cents. This is my first try and I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly.
Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
No problem....I just was thinking it was more of a documentary. lol.

Dosing your ferts in the flow of the HOB is good because it should distribute your ferts around the tank...that's key. And also a good thing you took out the carbon. I am a big fan of purigen...you can replace that inside the filter for added benefits.

Looks great so far. Oto's are great. I have about 10 or so in my aquarium and could always use more.

Danio's add a lot of lively action to the tank as they are always playing tag or something...like kids almost. lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks supersmirky
Those Danio are very playful

I think I am set on fish for now. I have 10 Danio, 6 otos, 3 of which are kinda concerning me since they are chasing my Danios. I don't know if they are going after their slime coat or they are just playing, but they are very small maybe 1/2"
I also have 3 guppies which I am wanting to breed. I will remove some of the fry but will leave the majority.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well its been 2 weeks or around 2 weeks. I did a trim today and besides my water being a little cloudy everything seems ok. Plant growth is actually a little slower then without pps-pro I believe, but it is more healthy.
I also added a heater to keep temp more steady at 75 degrees F.
My KH took a dive its 0 or really close, and my PH went up from 6.8 to 7.4 but my GH is over 180ppm

Updated pic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts