·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh.. ok.. what if i want to add a clippard solenoid? I took a look at the website and there are so many listed

http://www.clippard.com/store/search.asp?sku=&description1=solenoid&andOr=and&description2=

I'm guessing i want one of the 1/4" npt direct acting2-way solenoid valves?

But what is with all the voltages... and some of the pictures don't show a power cord so would i need to get that seperate

I found a local beer brewing shop in Chicago where i can buy a tank and a regulator.. If i order the needle valve, reducer and the solenoid.. would i be all set?

Thank you for all the help. I love APC.. people are always so helpful :clap2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is the one you want.

Clippard Solenoid (You will need to purchase a grounded power cord separately)
Part # MME-2PDS-D110

You can get the male to male nipple fitting for the solenoid to regulator at any hardware store.

HTH

If you call clippard and tell them what you want they will walk you through it. Just make sure to ask for the grounded power cord.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hmm .. after doing some more searching.. i found this Milwaukee MA957 for $81 free shipping from aquabuys.com .. that's a pretty sweet deal considering the home brewing place i was going to buy my regulator from was selling it for $65 and one of the best fish stores in Chicago (Old Town Aquarium) was selling the MA957 for $170

Since regulator go for about $40 online.. and the solenoid is worth at least $30... I should go with the milwaukee right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the same regulator as JTBURF and have been running it for about a year. I have to say It is probably the best bargain out there and I continue to be impressed with the quality and reliability of the components.

You really can't beat a regulator, solenoid, decent needle valve, bubble counter, and tubing all shipped to you for about 80 bucks.

Guess I'm still surprised more folks aren't going with the aqua-eworld version as I have yet to hear any negative comments about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts