Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Pressurized CO2-Locating parts....

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sir_BlackhOle 
#1 ·
Ok, I want to set up a pressurized CO2 system someday soon, and I was going to order everything from Dave Gomberg's website, but I noticed that he doesnt sell the Norgren regulator anymore. Does anyone know what the model number for this regulator is and where I might be able to purchase one?

TIA

#4 ·
where to get a regulator

Hey Kevin,

My advice would be to search your local yellow pages for air/welding shops and see what they have to offer. I got my Gentec regulators (model# 22-190C-175) at a place called Airweld for about $45 each. I've been very pleased with their performance. In terms of mechanical function, I can't imagine why anyone would need more.

You might also check around for shops that cater to homebrewers. I've seen some nice regulators in the $50-60 range at these kinds of places.

Good luck!

#5 ·
CO2 suppliers

I've been using the JBJ co2 regulator w/ solenoid bubble counter from about a year now. So far no problem with the unit and it cost $90 shipped.
I have not try any other brand yet, so I can't compare to see how good the JBJ unit is.
Later
Ken

#7 ·
Don't know if its too late, some more ideas/places... kegworks.com sells a $50 regular I've been using, works just fine. I bought a hex manifold, needle valve, 10-32 to 1/8" adapter from clippard directly. My entire setup for three tanks excluding CO2 cylinder was ~$100.

Jeff

#8 ·
Not too late. I am still looking around. I am going to go by a local brewery supply shop this afternoon and see what they have to offer. Whatever I get, it needs to be fairly cheap (I am always broke!) and pretty reliable. I also need to get to a local welding supply and see what they have. Thanks again for the input everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.