Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
What kind of conditions are you growing them in? Is it relatively low light (<2WPG)? I've got plenty growing, but there are too many leaves with algae on them :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Gomer, your nana growing looks like crazy and difficult to explain with the normal conditions (not much light), Have you a very rich and diary nutrient supply (CO2 + macronutrients)? hormones :roll: ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
My Nana grows pretty fast in my 55g. I see on the average of 2-3 new leaves a week. I was laughing one day with my girlfriend about some of the anubias I have (as my coffee anubias grows quite fast as well) at how fast it grows and that I thought it was supposed to be a slow grower.

Matt

·
Registered
190 Posts
My anub. nana petite grew little to none a 1 1/2 in a 1wt/gal tank. But since the 3wt/gal lights, it's growing pretty fast...finally :D
Kinda unique for me, in that it's a variegated variety.

Chris

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Gomer said:
Actually, that IS a cat litter box LOL
LOL! That's where the good ferts came from.... :p

I have some narrow leaf Nana that I got from Charlie a couple of months ago and it's been going wild as well. The Coffefolia in all of my tanks goes wild too, and there are many differences in the tank specs, so I have no idea..... Not that I'm complaining.... :roll:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wasn't able to find it, but a couple of years back, this guy from Europe wrote in to the APD (Aquatic Plants Digest mailing list) explaining how he was able to grow as many as 3 leaves PER WEEK on each of his Anubias nana plants and with *less than* 1 wpg of lighting (I'm assuming this was normal output, since this was in Europe and was about three years ago). He said that CO2 was the critical factor and he liked injecting it, even in his low-light tanks. He mentioned also being able to grow more light-demanding plants just fine under the same conditions. Just like Tom Barr likes to say: "CO2, CO2, CO2!!!" :biggrin:

-Naomi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts