Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the people here who have promised photos, would it be a good idea to appeal to the public for more? I have some rather specific requirements (opening photo, emersed, inflorescence/flower, habitat, etc) and am cultivating some new photographers, but there just isn't that much coming in. Ideally, I want skilled photographers who know what I want to somewhat regularly submit photos of plants they happen to have. Specific requests might follow. I really don't want to have to turn people away, and that's the primary reason I haven't already done this. On the other hand, I just finished the U. gibba text and would very much like a photo soon. Thoughts? My inclination is to give people who have offered photos like cousinkenni and vitorhugo a shot first.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I think you might do better to peruse the forums and find photos that are done well and then contact individuals to see if they are interested in helping out. That way you can make sure to say what it is you are looking for from the get-go.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Sounds that for the most part, you're looking for very specific photos? That will make it more difficult to get. I wouldn't hold back from publishing a plant profile because you're lacking some specific shot. IMHO, it's more important to get the info out there, and you can always fill in with pics later.

I know my way around a camera and would be happy to help, but the problem is how to you get the photographers and the needed plants together to generate the photo?

·
Administrator
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I think that it would be best to have somebody who has a good many plants who can just look in the PF, see if they have something that's not in there, and send me a picture of it. That's what I had going with madmax (Tim Gross) for a while, but he's more or less taking a break from the hobby, so that kind of dried up. If something specific is needed, there's always express mail.

The main photo for each plant should be like with the Polygonums. If you guys would like to pitch in, that would be great.

Aaron,

That's kind of what I've done, but I guess I'll have to be more assertive. I know people like the resource, but it can feel overwhelming when I think of what I really want to do in the long term. The research aspect takes enough time as is!

P.S. for Aaron... Itching to write? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Cavan,

I wouldn't mind doing a writeup for Crinum calamistratum. It deserves a little attention. I've got several great flower shots. I'd need to work on getting a good shot of the mature plant though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts