Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected the plant close to 2 months ago. Flowered for me today. Just to share a photo for now. Will update more when I have time.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ghazanfar,
Thanks.

The water level was quite high when I collect the plants. I only manage to find very few plant. To cut down the risk of losing them all, I planted them in different substrates. All of them are doing well with new leaf growing, and I even have plantlets growing now.

The flowering plant is planted in 30% baked clay:30% garden soil: 30% peat: 10% ADA power sand. To my experience, this combination doesn't have as high survival rate as ADA soil. However, it has the advantage of low cost and hence I tried it again. Obviously it suite this crypt well. In less then two months I have 3 new leafs and a flower.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More photo update. This time I open the kettle. took me an afternoon to take these pictures. But very satisfying.

For more: Aquadoc

Yoong

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very detailed pictures of the anatomy. Looks extremely pro! Thanks for sharing these photos with us.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DelawareJim & DelawareJim,

Thanks for the kind comment. The work is inspired by the expert like Ghazanfar and Xema who take breath taking photographs. With the lost of crypt habbitate everyday, lets hope we can document as much as possible before they are gone.

I still have a lot to learn from you guys. I suppose the next I want to research on is how to pollinate the flower. Anyone know where I can find article on that or anyone can share thier experience?

Thanks.

BTW, with the rate of this crypt growing, I should have some plantlet to share/exchange in the near future.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crypts and Jazzlvr123,
Nice for the nice comment. This crypt is quite easy to plant. They are growing well, sending out runners and growing plantlets.

Yoong

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really cool!!

I think I will copy your style of showing the spate for me new zonata sphate which is coming up.
Xema,
I am looking forward to see your pictures. You and Ghazanfar take amazing close up pics. I think I need to get a micro lens in order to get those reasult.

Yoong

1 - 13 of 13 Posts