Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of redoing my 90G and am currently going through the neglected tank attempting to salvage what I can. I pulled out about 10 Sags last night. I am not sure what type exactly. All I know is that they can grow to 4 feet, the ones I pulled out this time are anywhere from 10"-~3'.

Here is the catch. This tank has been neglected for a couple of months now. I stopped dosing ferts and shut off the CO2 about a month-and-a-half ago. I left the usual light schedule intact and would just feed the fish. I was planning on redoing it then BUT, I decided:rolleyes: to crush my finger at work and have been out of commision since...so these plants have been "surviving" in the mean time. They may have some algae on them(I wiped them clean and did not see anything frightening). Some of them are very pale due to the lack of light getting to them as well as the lack of nutrients. Others have some little dead spots on them. From my experience they are quite hardy. When I stopped this tank I had about 10 of them; nice, lush, and healthy, that I cut the tops off of so they would not choke out the light. I began prodding around last night and got tired of ripping these things out...there must be at least 30 of them in there if not more. (The Bolbitis and Java fern are making it difficult to get in there, they have attached to all the Anubias, each other, the rocks, the sags)...This tank is a nightmare!!!

So if anyone is interested they can be yours for a cost of $6 to cover shipping. If noone is interested, no hurt feelings. I will be disposing of them in the next two days, I just hate throwing out living plants.

Here is a pic of 1

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gone. Thanks for looking!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.