Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know those plants that come in the little plastic pots with the wool around the roots? Are you supposed to remove the wool or is it ok to leave it on when you plant them? Yea, I know dumb question, but I just want to do whats best! Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
You separate the plants from the wool. Normally you will have more than one plant and it is recommended that you plant in grougs of three---not tightly together---but with some space between them. I found a different plant species mixed in with the others in one pot so I just put it back in the pot until I figured out what I wanted to do with it. Then I set that whole pot in the bottom of the aquarium until I figured out what to do with it. It is still alive and doing well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Its okay to leave it, but eventually it will start peeling off and floating around the aquarium. IMO take off the wool, separate the plants (as was previously mentioned, there is usually more than one "plant" in the pot) and plant them wherever you want, but not right on top of each other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts